Sunday, January 14, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away....

It's been POURING here all weekend. While everyone else in Texas (well, west Texas) is getting fun snow, all we've had is rain, rain and more rain. I've only left the house once all weekend, which is not the way I wanted to spend my luxurious three-day weekend. Oh well, I've gotten some cleaning and organizing done, watched some really wonderful television (haha) and Christmas is ALMOST cleaned up. We've somehow accumulated about a dozen big Rubbermaid boxes of Christmas decor. Every year it seems there is more and more of it and I'm having trouble finding space to store it. Sean did, however, give me permission to throw our Charlie Brown tree into the dumpster, so it looks like next year we'll be splurging on a new one! Well here's some random thoughts....


1. Don't decide to mop your floors during a rainstorm. They will be dirty again hours later.


2. I did NOT like the movie High School Musical. While everyone else is singing the songs and learning the dances from this hit movie, I would personally like that hour and a half of my life back.
















3. I WILL buy or sell something on ebay this year. This has been my New Year's Resolution for 3 years now, but I feel like this could be the year to really do it...









4. I need to get back in to running. Marcia just finished her 3rd Houston Marathon today, and I know I've promised her several times that I would run one with her. I just haven't been motivated to run lately. Anyone know of a running club here in College Station?


5. Wednesday I had a rough day at work. It was one of those days where EVERYTHING annoys you and you think to yourself "Is it too late to change my major?" When I got home, Sean surprised me by taking me on a date to Pappasito's in Houston! We got to eat yummy fajitas with Matt and Marsh and had a great time. I have the best husband ever!!

6. Thursday was my half birthday. Now I'm halfway between "old" and "really old" and I'm getting WAY too close to 30...

7. I want to get a summer job. I was SO bored last summer and could hardly stand it. Since I have a long summer this year, it will be the perfect time to find something to keep me busy. Any ideas on summer employment?

8. This summer Sean's parents are going to fulfill one of my lifelong dreams. We're going to Disneyworld! We are going to celebrate my father in law's retirement from Waco PD. It's his favorite vacation spot. I've never been before and I'm totally pumped. It's going to be a blast!




















That's enough for now. Later, folks!

0 comments: