Saturday, October 27, 2007

Nursery




I'm trying to make a slide show of Caroline's first month (it's more like 6 weeks now!) but it's taking awhile so I thought I'd post some pictures of her nursery. My family surprised me and had it all decorated when we came home from the hospital with Caroline. It was a disaster before then. Coming home to a finished room was the best surprise ever! We hardly had to spend any money on it, because almost all of the stuff was made by someone in my family or we already had it. We're so thrifty! My Mom made all of the bedding and the curtain...she's great at sewing. The crib was mine when I was a baby and was built by my grandfather. The changing table and quilt rack were garage sale purchases my Dad made. He's great at finding treasures. The rocking chair used to be in my Mom's office. I was trying to think of one thing in her room that Sean and I actually bought with our money and all I could think of was the rug. It only cost $26 at Target (on sale, of course)!

4 comments:

Libby said...

It goes by fast doesn't it? Her room is so beautiful! I love the bedding, your mom did awesome! It looks like such a pretty girly room, Gracie is jealous;)

annalee said...

what a precious reminder of lots of people that love caroline (and y'all) each time you are in her nursery. that is such a sweet surprise and it looks beautiful!

Marcia said...

It looks great! So sweet and girly! Your mom is so talented.

Shannon Dial said...

i love the nursery, cant wait to your baby girl in december!