Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sean started a new schedule this year where he works 12 hour shifts. He gets every other weekend off, but on the other weekends he works every day and is sleeping when he's home.

I really like this schedule because it allows us to only send Caroline to child care very part time, but we do sacrifice some together time in order to keep our full time jobs. This has been the first weekend he's working and it's been interesting. Caroline got her 4 month shots yesterday so she's been a little irritable. It's always hard to keep her quiet and entertained while Sean is trying to sleep. Luckily, today the weather was nice enough to get out, so I did what I always do when I get bored. We went shopping!

We hit up TJMaxx, Old Navy, Target and JoAnn. We didn't need anything, we mostly just walked around. I did make a few purchases, though ;) Let me tell you, TJMaxx is definitely one of my favorite stores. Sean hates to go there, so Caroline and I usually go alone, but I've really been finding some treasures there lately. I got two dresses for myself for fourty dollars each (they were both normally over a hundred each) and two Ralph Lauren ones for Caroline on clearance (fourty dollars each for twelve dollars apiece)! I LOVE a good bargain!

I'm happy to report that Caroline has hopefully fallen asleep for the night, so I think I'll curl up in the recliner with my new issues of People and Good Housekeeping (yeah, I'm a nerd, but the subscription was FREE) and find something on TV. It's slim pickins on the TV this weekend, as I've already watched such greatness as the Barrett-Jackson auto auction (I don't understand spending half a million dollars for a car you won't even drive) and the West Texas Rehab Telethon (it reminded me of home).

I haven't loaded any new pictures onto the computer, but here's some pretty recent ones of Caroline. She learned how to roll over this week and we are so proud of her. She's growing up so fast!




Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my new camera? I LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I think she looks a lot like Sean, do you?

Marcia said...

I love your new camera too...we get to see lots of pictures of Caroline! I agree with Ashley, I think she looks like Sean too.

Marcia said...

I just read my comment. It sounds like I think Ashley looks like Sean. I think Caroline looks more like Sean. :)