Thursday, January 29, 2009

10 Honest Things About Me

I was tagged by Hilary!

1. 4 years ago I trained for and ran a half marathon after getting a brochure about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training in the mail. I had been running for fun for a few years at that time, but never competed in anything longer than a 5K. My Dad had lymphoma when I was in college, so raising money for LLS was the push I needed to do a bigger race. I raised over $1000 and I loved it...even the 7:00 AM Saturday practice runs! I'd LOVE to do a full marathon someday!

2. I HATE to be tickled. When someone tickles me, I lose all control of my body and will do ANYTHING to get out of it. I will bite, hit, kick...if you tickle me, you better watch out! I actually kicked one of my ex-boyfriends very hard in the "junk" once accidently because he tickled me. Looking back, he totally deserved it.

3. I haven't had a landline phone in 4 years and I have not missed it once!

4. If I could have any job in the world, I would love to be a musician in a symphony. I obviously do not have the skills for that kind of job, but I was in orchestra for 7 years in school and it was one of the most fun things I ever did.

5. Back in the summer, I got a rare form of psoriasis from strep throat. Anyone who saw it will tell you it was awful looking and the dermatologists told me there wasn't much they could do about it. I had my tonsils removed in August to see if it helped and it did! For the last few months I have been COMPLETELY clear of any spots...you can't even tell I had it. HOORAY!

6. I'm super attached to my Kindergarten class this year. I had actually looked at other job options over the summer, but decided to go back. I'm so glad that I did, it's really been one of my best years! I guess I had a lucky #8 instead of lucky 7.

7. I LOVE naps! Before Caroline was born, I would take a nap every day when I got home from work. I definitely still treat myself to a good nap sometimes while she is sleeping.

8. I'm turning 30 this summer and I really don't want to talk about it. My birthday is 7/11 like the convenience store, lest you forget.

9. I am very obsessive about having all of the doors to my classroom shut at all times. I think the 4 years of teaching open concept PreK did that to me. 300 preschoolers, one room, no doors or walls...that'll send you right over the edge, my friends.

10. I broke my blog. I got the pink stripe off the header, but now all my links are at the bottom. Sigh, I quit.

I tag Marcia, Christa and Ashley!

5 comments:

Marcia said...

I'm glad your psoriasis is gone. I had been wondering about it, but hadn't remembered to ask. Am I a good friend or what?
You will survive 30. If I can do it, you can do it!

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

I'm totally with you on #2 and 7. And I think you just set your blog layout back to default. Maybe you could fix it if you go to "edit layout"? That's where you can drag the boxes around.

Christa Greene said...

Wow! #9...I'd tried to block it out of my mind! Insanity is what that was! I guess that's why David is still there! :)Shhh...don't tell him! Seriously, can you imagine doing that again now that you've taught with a door?!

Christa Greene said...

Oh...and walls?! It's amazing what those two essentials can do for ya!

~Gretchen~ said...

ditto 2, 3, 4 and 7!

And i'm honored that you showed your kid Gideon: Tuba Goddess!