Saturday, February 17, 2007

Life's been SO exciting...wait, not really...

But here's some things that have happened recently...

*Last week I got to drive to Austin (the capital of Texas, as Tara kindly reminded me) to eat dinner with the Nelsons (my faves) and my sister. I got a little bit lost and a lot stuck in traffic, but we eventually made it to Pappasito's and I think a good time was had by all. I hadn't seen Ashley and Cody since my wedding! I missed them so much! When I took Tara home it was like a reunion from my childhood. Tracy, Chrissy and Lindy were all there, just like in the old days on Rountree Dr. It was like 1986 all over again. Fun times. I didn't get home and into bed until around midnight (yes it was a school night) but it was totally worth it!

*Friday nights are normally date nights here at the Beatty house since they are the only weekend nights Sean has off of work. This is actually the first time since we've been married that he had ANY weekend nights off, so it's a real treat. We try to have some sort of date night every Friday. Last Friday, we had dinner at Outback with a gift certificate from Christmas and then headed over to the Henderson's for game night with them and the Carsons. They were all kid-free for the night (and my kid is only an inch long) so this was definitely a rarity. We had so much fun playing games and laughing hysterically. I think the highlight of the night was piling into the minivan for a trip to Starbucks and midnight Little Caesar's run. It was ALMOST like college all over again, but not really!

*Valentine's Day was great as well. Sean and I had already bought each other gifts (they were not much of a surprise since we picked them out ourselves, but it was awesome to get new stuff!). I got a new Fossil purse I found on SALE! at Macy's and Sean got a new jacket from Old Navy. I don't particularly like to go OUT on Valentine's Day because I hate crowds and I'm a homebody anyway, so we stayed in and Sean cooked the world's most delicious meal of manicotti. It was definitely restaurant good! (I was off the hook for cooking since I made the world's most tasty pot roast earlier in the week.) Sean even made bread dipping sauce like at Carino's. He's definitely the better cook in our family. We had a super night staying in and staying warm.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Man, it was so great to see you. I miss you so much!

annalee said...

hi tiffany! pregnant... WOW! that is so, so wonderful. i am excited for y'all and CAN'T wait to see the progression of your tummy and posts about your little peanut. i'm so happy we found each other on here too:)