Thursday, April 10, 2008

Funny/Not Funny

FUNNY:

A few weeks ago, I bought a case of pudding cups to snack on. That night, I sat down to dig into my creamy, chocolatey goodness and realized that something didn't taste quite right. I checked the box and realized that I had bought NO SUGAR ADDED pudding on accident. YUCK! It only took me a few seconds to decide what I was going to do with a whole case of pudding I was definitely NOT going to eat...I would feed it to my class! I took the case to school the next day, but had to wait until a bunch of them were gone (I only had 11 cups left). Well, this afternoon, after having one move out of town, a few stay home sick and sending one home not feeling well, my numbers had dwindled to 11 after lunchtime. So, who got to bribe their class to behave for the rest of the day with snacks that were once doomed for the trash? ME! It was a pleasantly peaceful afternoon, and they thought that the "YUCKY" pudding was the best treat ever!

NOT FUNNY:

Yesterday, Sean stayed home with Caroline. He had worked the night before so he was going on 30 hours with no sleep. He decided to go to bed at 9:00 and I followed quickly behind at about 9:30. We were both fast asleep when we heard his cell phone beep with a text message at 11:30. This happens from time to time, so I didn't think anything of it. Sean checked the message and it said "Barricaded suspect, shots fired. Meet at PD ASAP." Sean is on the SWAT team, so he automatically got VERY excited. He LOVES being on the SWAT team. I, however, was not excited for obvious reasons. Normally, they use his SWAT pager for that sort of thing, but again we didn't think anything of it. While he was getting ready to go, I was trying to figure out what my plan would be for the next day, as my child's caretaker was suddenly going to be tied up on that call. I was dreading having to get up super early and leave sub plans so I could call in sick (and be docked a day's pay). Sean decided at this point to call his friend who sent him the text and check out what was going on. I quickly realized from Sean's side of their conversation that his friend had just pulled a prank on him. As he crawled back into bed he said "If I had thought about it, I knew the other SWAT guys were in Houston at a conference." It took me awhile to fall back asleep after that. I think Sean fared a little better though, because he woke me up in the middle of the night (no kidding) and said "Les Paul and Martin both make the new guitar I want. It costs $3000." He MUST have been dreaming ;)

3 comments:

hilary hope said...

haha i did the same thing, i bought apple cinnamon instant oatmeal, but the sugar free stuff. it's gross. you don't think your kids will eat it do you? :) it's going in the trash. and that's funny about lytle land and cattle, i've only been there once and was not impressed with the service, or my $25 steak. i'd rather go to roadhouse and get a $9 steak any day. sorry lytle land and cattle.

Marcia said...

That is soooo not funny! So if all the SWAT guys besides Sean were in Houston, what would happen if it was for real? I know Sean is supercop, but it still sounds like a bit much for him to handle.

Shannon Dial said...

the prank on sean is hilarious