Thursday, July 17, 2008

Patience

Thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement and prayers this week. I really needed it. Unfortunately, I got word today that the injections I need will cost $600 a month. It is extremely humbling to have to tell the pharmacist not to fill your prescription because you can't afford it. I haven't ever had to do that before. In the meantime, I am using a very potent steroid spray that is working pretty well. It's just very toxic, so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to use it before it becomes a health risk. I know that God is watching over me and has a plan for this situation, I'm just going to have to learn to be more patient! Please continue to pray!

5 comments:

Alisa Palmer said...

What is your steroid spray called? I have a foam called Verdeso that is gentle enough they use it on newborns with eczema - maybe once you get it under control you could switch to something less potent. The foam costs $60 (that's with insurance) and I can make it last at least 2, maybe 3 months. But I have to have the eczema under control before something less potent will work.

Ashley said...

Tiffany,

I was just checking in and saw your post. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that you are more comfortable in the days to come. My mother also has psoriasis. . . a burden, but one that she lives with well. Take care of yourself.

Ashley said...

Oh, friend, I will be praying. I am so sorry. I should have read your blog earlier. I love you dearly.

Katherine said...

T:

I am so sorry that you are having to fight this - both the psoriasis and the insurance co. You are definately in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Shannon Dial said...

tiff i had no idea about all this, im praying for your skin and your tonsils - miss you and love ya