Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Please Pray

I apologize for not updating this recently. It's been crazy around here the last few weeks. This has been a tough week for me as I got some news that was not what I had hoped for. Unfortunately, the rash I came down with earlier this summer has not cleared up and is getting worse. I went to the dermatologist yesterday and he confirmed that I have psoriasis, which is a chronic autoimmune skin disease. I'm so thankful that it is not life threatening, but there is no cure for it so I'll have it for the rest of my life. To treat it, I'll have to give myself injections twice a month to supress my immune system. These treatments work well, but they cost $2400 a month. Obviously, my prayer is that insurance will cover these treatments as I will not be able to afford them otherwise. I will also need to have my tonsils out sometime in the near future since strep throat can trigger a bad outbreak of the psoriasis. It has just been a lot of stressful information all at once. On the bright side, I feel fine (except for the itching which is driving me bananas) and luckily my Dad's cousin is a dermatologist and was able to give me a much-needed second opinion and calmed my fears about the process. Please keep me in your prayers if you don't mind!

5 comments:

annalee said...

i will be praying for you. i am glad they figured out what it is but sorry it is not better news. i am especially praying for the itching to ease and the treatments to be covered!

Libby said...

Most definitely, prayers will be said...I hope all else is going well...

Marcia said...

That does sound like a rough week. Of course I'll pray for you!

Alisa Palmer said...

Oh gosh, Tiffany! That is awful. I have a fellow skin condition called eczema and I have to use a steroid cream every day - I used to be scared about putting steroids in my system every day for the rest of my life but the most calming thing my derm. told me was, "Just be thankful there is something that can make you feel better and don't worry about the rest" If we knew the side effects of Advil, we'd never go near the stuff! I'll pray for your insurance - without it things like that can get soooo expensive! Chin up!

Christa Greene said...

wow...i'm sorry tiffany...we will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers.