Wednesday, August 06, 2008

It's so hard to say goodbye

Next week I'll be parting ways with two old friends.




Adios amigos.

I'm not particularly worried about having surgery, but for some reason I just can't seem to get over the fact that I'm having body parts removed. I keep thinking that one day all of the otolaryngologists of the world are going to get together and say "hey, you DO need your tonsils" and mine will be in the city dump somewhere.

I know, it's ridiculous.

This will come as no surprise to my doctor, because I'm pretty sure he already thinks I'm an idiot.

Here's our conversation:

Me: I think it's so odd that I keep getting strep. I NEVER had it once as a kid. Since I graduated from college I've had it every year.

Dr.: Do you work?

Me: Yes.

Dr.: What do you do?

Me: I'm a teacher.

Dr.: What do you teach?

Me: Kindergarten

And then do you know what he did?


HE LAUGHED AT ME.

Sigh.

You're laughing at me, too. Aren't you?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man, I feel for ya! I had mine out two years ago. Let's just say I was doped on some good stuff for the next week. It's rough to have them out as an adult!!

Anita said...

It is way too early in the morning for that picture. I'm sorry you have to do that. I had 2 kids have theirs out at school last year and it was a hard recovery. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

get ready for all the ice cream you can eat. Woo HOO!

Ashley said...

hA! I am laughing too!

I hope you do well. I worry about it,. It is hard. Let me know what I can do long distance for you!