Friday, August 15, 2008

When it rains, it pours...

Well, I'm still alive. I use the term "alive" very loosely. I was unaware that you could go on living after ingesting only Sonic ice and Tylenol/codeine for 5 days, but apparently you can. The recovery has been just as horrible as everyone told me it would be. The doctor told Sean that by Day 3 I would hate him. He's right. I don't think our friendship can ever be mended at this point. Also, the "ice cream diet" post tonsillectomy is a huge lie. I might as well be eating razor blades. I swear I would not know the difference. If you have a hankering for ice cream, please feel free to come over and help yourself. There's about 57 gallons in my freezer that I'm not eating. I've pretty much eaten absolutely nothing since Monday night. I weigh less today than when Sean and I got married. The other night I drooled at a Denny's commercial on TV, I'm so hungry. I've never been to Denny's, nor do I ever plan to eat there, I'm just that desperate. And today our air conditioner broke. Again. It's been AWESOME.

On the up side, my parents have been here all week and it's been really fun having them around. We've played board games and watched the Olympics and laughed at Caroline and her new walker toy. They've been a huge help around the house. Caroline can definitely tell that things are different around here and she has been all out of sorts. I'm going to be really sad when they have to leave on Sunday, but Sean's Mom will be coming in then so we'll still have help. I have to go back to work on Monday, which I'm not too excited about, obviously. I'm really hoping that I will start to feel better this week because I'm determined to go see The Dark Knight with Sean. I also have a LONG mental list of food I'll be eating as soon as I can! I'll try to catch a few moments if I feel up to it and post about all of our summer travels and adventures. I can't believe it's almost over!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so sorry, pal. I hate that for you. I hope that you feel better and better each day. I am sorry it is so rough.

Anonymous said...

I love that you've always have such a great sense of humor about yourself. Maybe you're just putting on a brave face for all your blog-readers, but still. You're fun to laugh at. And I truly mean that as a compliment. :) By the way, can we still be friends now, or will you always be jealous of my tonsils?

~Gretchen~ said...

oh no!!!!!!!


My little girl's tonsils are about to get yanked. I didn't need to know this!