Sunday, August 31, 2008

I apologize for having no pictures lately. It's shameful how lazy I have been at uploading my summer pictures. I haven't put pictures onto my computer since May!

Things are much better around here since my last post! After I posted, Sean had to take me to the ER because I was so dehydrated. Luckily, he knows all kinds of random people from his job, and he knew someone working in the ER. He took me back immediately and put my chart at the top, so we weren't there too long! I was so grateful for the special treatment! Unfortunately, I was sick to my stomach the whole day when I got home, so the IV fluids were pretty much a big waste of money. It was truly the sickest I have ever been in my life. I probably should have been admitted to the hospital that day, but Sean took care of me and we made it through. I made it through the rest of the week by drinking BOOST. I so wish I had thought to do that earlier, it really helped. I started eating real food about a week ago, which I'm loving!

School is going well. My class this year is much more low maintenance than last year's, for which I am very thankful. I really prayed about it all summer because last year was HARD. Don't get me wrong, I loved my kids last year, but they were definitely the most challenging bunch I've ever had. I truly felt like something had to give, and God answered my prayer!

I wanted to post some funny stories about Caroline and Sean before I forget them. I really live with the two most hilarious people in the world!

*Last weekend, we went to Waco. At church, someone got up to say the communion prayer and said "Shall we pray?" At this point, Caroline (very loudly) shouts "Yeah!" I thought I was going to have to leave the auditorium, I was laughing so hard.

As many of you know, Sean works very long shifts at work. He also cares for Caroline a lot when I'm at work, so most of the time, when it's time for him to go to bed, he's completely exhausted. When he's super tired, sometimes he talks in his sleep and says the funniest things. I'll admit, I egg him on sometimes, because I know he has NO idea what he's saying. Here's a few of my favorites:

*This actually happened this afternoon. I crawled into bed to take a nap and cuddled up to Sean. He says "I have to tinkle really bad, I'm just waiting for my rookie." (He often has recruit officers who work with him, kinda like a student teacher) I quickly assured him that he was not at work anymore, and it was OK for him to go on ahead to the bathroom without his rookie. He did.

*This summer, I laid down to take a nap and heard this LOUD sound above our house from an airplane flying over. I said "What was that noise?" I heard Sean mumble something about Batman, Superman and a pistol. I asked him to clarify and he said "That's the sound Superman makes when he flies over a house." Oh. OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

*This last one is funny to me now, but was not so much then. The night I went into labor, Sean was asleep and I was in the living room having hard contractions. I finally went into the bedroom and told him that I thought we needed to go to the hospital. He mumbled "Can we just go in the morning when we wake up?" Bless his heart. He's lucky he's still alive. He did wake up and take me, which reminds me, I've never blogged about how the hospital sent me back home in labor. That's a special story that definitely needs to be shared with the blog world. Maybe later.

4 comments:

Marcia said...

Thanksm for sharing those funny stories. i'll take any laughter i can get these days.
i'm glad that school is going better this year. i bet it helps not being 9 mo preg starting out too.

Anne said...

So I just refound your blog page. I can't believe how big Caroline has gotten (I know that was an old entry but I'm not gonna go back and comment on every one). She is so cute. I'm sorry about the tonsils and the horrible experience. I'm guessing it's easier when you're little. I'm glad you're doing better now. So how badly is Sean gonna kill you now for posting about his sleep-talking? It sure was funny, though. Tinkles and superman...priceless. :)

Ashley said...

Glad you are doing a little better and sorry it has been such a rough road. Poor little tired Sean. Funny stories. Although, I think it is funny in all of those stories that YOU were going to take a nap! :)

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

Love it that you mess with Sean while he's sleep-talking. Wicked!
And I'm so glad you're finally on the mend. Praise God for a good bunch of students. I'm praying that my Jonah will not be the student who sends his teachers into retirement. He's showing symptoms of class clown behavior already.