Sunday, November 23, 2008

Things I like Vol. 2

Sandra Boynton board books



I was first introduced to these when I taught PreK. My classroom came stocked with a collection of them and I instantly fell in love with their hilarious stories. I created my own collection of about 10 from purchases at Ross and TJMaxx. I think I've only bought one from the actual bookstore. I've found some on clearance for as low as 2 dollars! Caroline's been really into reading books lately and these are some of her favorites!



Downy Wrinkle Releaser



I love this stuff! I seriously do not iron anymore, EVER. I always take it on trips in case the clothes in my suitcase get wrinkly. This morning, I sprayed Caroline's corduroy dress for church and it looked good. I mean, it didn't look as great as if my Mom had ironed it, but good is good enough for me!



Suddenly Salad



Wow, that picture is HUGE, but I'm too lazy to change it. (BTW we buy the Classic flavor here at the Beatty house.) Last week, I made a double batch of this. I added a can of diced tomatoes, bringing the total cost of my creation to $3. It fed me three times, Sean once and Caroline got several meals out of it. What a bargain, and it's good! I was telling my Mom about it on the phone the other day and she said "I make that when I don't feel like cooking." Uh...I boiled water, opened a can of tomatoes AND mixed up the dressing. That was cooking, Mom! :)



DQ Banana Split



The Blizzard is now dead to me. I have found a new love. I ordered this last night on a whim and it was FABULOUS! And, it was the perfect way to drown my sorrows while watching my team get beat by OU!

3 comments:

Anita said...

I don't think the words "The Blizzard is dead to me" should ever come out of anyone's mouth. Butterfinger Blizzard all the way!

Marcia said...

I love, love, love, the Downy spray. I've probably had a few conversations with people about it that made them think Downy was paying me.
I have to agree with my sister on the Blizzard, except I prefer m&m. But with how the game went, I'd say whatever helped!

~Gretchen~ said...

we adore 'the belly button book' and 'moo, baaa, la-la-la'. we have read 'pajama time' every night for the last four years.