Saturday, March 24, 2007

The last two weeks in a nutshell

Boo for Spring Break being over. It was so much fun and went by way too fast! My parents were in town for a few days, Sean's parents came in for a few days and then we got to take our SUPER FUN trip to Houston.

On Friday we hit the Galleria, determined mostly to find some more maternity clothes. The first store we hit was great but a little pricy (A Pea in the Pod), so we headed upstairs to Motherhood Maternity. I was excited about this store because their stuff online looked decent and their prices were reasonable. Well, let me tell you...I was WRONG! Their clothes were HIDEOUS!! It looked like a Cato and Fashion Bug mated and gave birth to a store with elastic waist pants. I was so disappointed. I actually tried on one shirt, but just couldn't do it anymore after that. I could not find one thing that didn't make me want to gag. I did leave the Galleria with 2 shirts, a pair of pants and a dress from Gap and Mimi Maternity, but I don't even want to talk about how much it cost. Sean was a sport about it and kept reassuring me that it was not a big deal to pay those outrageous prices on clothes I'm only going to wear until fall. He's the best...he really did make me feel better!

Saturday we hit the science museum which was lots of fun! It was crowded, but we had a great time! We also walked around the shops at Rice Village for awhile, but didn't buy anything. That night we had reservations for dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We had planned to eat there on the last night of our honeymoon in Cabo, but I wasn't feeling well, so we decided to make up for it this year. It was definitely the fanciest and by far most expensive meal of my life, but was WONDERFUL!




On Sunday, we had lunch with Sean's cousin's family and headed to Katy Mills before heading home. It was so fun to spend so much time with my sweet husband! It was truly a wonderful anniversary.

This week has been busy getting back into the swing of work. I've been a little on the tired side, but I think that's to be expected at this point in my pregnancy. My mother came into town from Wed-Sat for a conference and it was nice having her here. We actually found some bargains on maternity clothes at a few stores so it makes me feel less bad about my expensive Galleria purchases!

Last, but not least, I FINALLY bought something on Ebay. I got a new pair of running shoes. Yes, I know I have not been running in months. I needed a new pair, though and found the ones I wanted on Ebay. I figure I saved almost 30 bucks on them. HOORAY!

Here's the picture from my first week of the 2nd trimester...it's hard to believe I'm 1/3 of the way there!

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Sounds like a great Spring Break! I'm glad you had so much fun in Houston...even if you didn't visit us :)

Anita said...

I lurk on your blog all the time off of Marcia's page so I thought I would finally post something. You look great! I think your due date is the same as mine was with Abby. Don't listen to all the naysayers about how hot you will be this summer. I loved it! You get to wear a bathing suit and you don't have to worry about sucking in your stomach!!! It's the best!