Saturday, January 26, 2008

I tried to be good....

...but I didn't buy the diapers like I said I was going to. In fact, I'm afraid I spent Sean's whole raise in one day.


Meet my new baby!





We actually weren't planning to buy a car today at all, but we ended up getting such a good deal that it all just happened really quickly (by really quickly I mean we were there all afternoon...good thing the grandparents were here to watch Caroline)! Sean and I had talked about trading in the old Altima (sniffle, sniffle) since we were quickly finding out that the "family" car I thought I bought several years ago was just not cutting it size-wise. Any time we traveled, we had to put our luggage in the front seat, and Caroline's stroller was getting torn up from being shoved in the trunk. It was also next to impossible to change her diaper in the back seat because it was at a kind of slant, and it was only going to get worse as she grew.

I knew I really wanted a Honda Pilot (because I ALWAYS have to buy the same thing as Ashley...and Sean said NO to a minivan), so we decided to go to the used car lot today just for fun. We found one we liked and ended up talking them down about 20% from what they quoted us the first time. We went back and forth for a while negotiating and were about to leave (I was totally going to come back Monday and buy it...hehe) when they chased us in the parking lot and gave us OUR price! The salesman actually told us "good job" when we left. I think that means we got a good deal!




6 comments:

Anita said...

Congrats! You will love it! I've had a Pilot for about a year. It's great. Hope Caroline loves it as much as Nathan. After we had had it a couple of weeks, he shouts out one day " I love the Honda Pilot!"

Anita said...

I love it. Anita and I saw some friends today. When I saw their car I said, "Its just like Tiffany's Altima." Not any more...

Marcia said...

I guess Anita was still signed in on my computer. That was really me commenting. My sister was not talking about herself and her imaginary friend with the same name. She's crazy, but not that crazy. :)

annalee said...

congratulations on the awesome new purchase! i love the family picture next to it:)

Libby said...

Wow, how cute! Congratulations on the car and the raise!

Ashley said...

YES! I love it when we do the same thing!

I heart the pilot and you will too!